Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Secret Evil Plan

Well, I'm broke again having spent all my recent KS99 winnings. We did one or two more orbs for people yesterday night, so it'll be a while until I get to use another orb.

I ended up buying an Unji and Serket Ring. The Serket Ring let's me not change weapons to proc my Sorcerer's Ring latent. Which allows me to use a Grip with my BLM full-time. The Unji/Unsho combo let's me swing my katanas really fast. If I ever get a Haste item for my Waist I'll regard my Haste-build Ninja as complete.

Now for the plan....

The general outline of my evil plan is this:
1) Kill crabs/pugils.
2) ???
3) Profit!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
More specifically, I'm hoping that the silica that drops somewhat rarely off the fishies in Misereaux Coast that can be made into glass sheets, is used to make these:

Blank High-speed Soul Plate
[Ammo] All RacesA glass plate used in conjunction with a soultrapper to quickly collect data on monsters and other wildlife.
LV 1 All Jobs

They are Exclusive, but I think that they'll be "NPC craftable" like many of the ToAU weird Exclusive items are. Bring the guy some items including a glass plate and he gives you 12 soul plates in return.

Or SE could change them when they're finally in-game as well as being in the .dats.

I've farmed up enough Silica to make six plates so far, and leveled Bonecraft to level 1 on my mule as well. I'd like to have three whole stacks of them, but at the current rate of 2 plates/hr as SMN/THF (which works awesome for farming, btw) that's looking a little unlikely.

I am still aiming to have 12 though, as the 10k gil/each price they're selling for now will sky rocket if suddenly everyone wants to do Pankration (or however it's spelled).

Worst case scenario I'll be selling them off for only ~120k which wouldn't be much for how much time it takes to farm them, but isn't bad either.

SMN/THF and the Two-hander Update

The only mage job that I have leveled that I ever melee on is SMN using /THF for Sneak Attack weaponskills while farming weak stuff.

I could do NIN/THF as well, but having to burn ninjutsu tools while farming kind of defeats the purpose. Additionally, I'm not sure that going Ninja would kill that much faster either. With Signet /healing HP isn't that bad anymore, but it's not great either.

This is my gear setup:
Weapon: Martial Staff
Sub: none, I still need to get a Grip for this slot. I'll probably go with Platinum Grip for the Added: Stun
Ammo: Fenrir's Stone
Head: W. Turban
Body: Austere Robe
Hands: Relic
Legs: Relic
Feet: Artifact +1
Rings: Evoker's + Tamas (perpCost -1, and Enmity-3, Acc is capped on EP and lower anyway.)
Earrings: Brutal + Ethereral (some Attack+ and Double Attack can proc on Spirit Taker, though rarely, for 50% more damage/MP recovered)
Waist: Swift Belt (if I had it, Life Belt or just Hierarch Belt because I don't, Sword Belt +1 would work too)
Food: Meat! Sis Kebabi are available from the vendor for 2k in Whitegate. Although that's actually kind of expensive compared to Mithkabobs that AH for 4k gil for 12 of them.

Doing spiders outside Whitegate for their webs and some seals is a personal favorite as there's no travel involved, and it doesn't take many webs to pay for a Limbus run. Using Fenrir and Sneak Attack + Spirit Taker I can kill them indefinitely without running out of MP while spamming Eclipse Bite.

As long as there isn't more than one add (and provided it doesn't Acid Spray which is a potent poison) Fenrir kills the spider with more than half health left over and I take little/no damage.

Doing Too Weak mobs I prefer to use Carby. I switch to using Poison Nails -> SA+Retribution to make Reverberation, which can be up to 50% of the Retribution's damage. Carby doesn't keep hate very well on Too Weaks because I've got much higher pDIF on them, particularly with meat active, so I use Relic feet instead of Artifact +1 and use SA+Spirit Taker periodically to recover MP. I'm only consuming 20MP/min in perpetuation cost though and maybe 20 more from Poison Nails and the occassional Healing Ruby, so that's only once every ~10 minutes.

The changed gear below:
Weapon: Martial Staff
Sub: none, I still need to get a Grip for this slot. I'll probably go with Platinum Grip for the Added: Stun
Ammo: Fenrir's Stone
Head: W. Turban
Body: Austere Robe
Hands: Carby Mitts
Legs: Relic
Feet: Relic
Rings: Evoker's + Tamas
Earrings: Brutal + Ethereral
Waist: Swift Belt (if I had it, Life Belt or just Hierarch Belt because I don't)
Food: Still meat!

I'm typically killing faster than other people I see soloing outside Whitegate (well, was pre-2h update anyway), so it seems pretty effective to me.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment