Monday, September 3, 2007

Somebody Shoot Me

I got a PC copy of FFXI and the three expansions. It took over an hour to install them all, then 30 minutes to update POL to the latest version. Now it's going on two hours to download the FFXI updates, and froze once, so it's checking all 17,ooo files AGAIN.

Once it's installed and up and running I'll of course have no experience with the controls on PC, so it's going to be played on my PS2 for LS stuff. And I'll have no macros, so doing anything on BLM is out until I get all of those rewritten.

I'm unsure if I'll install the unofficial windower or not at this point, but I'm leaning towards 'no.' I've heard people say they got banned for only using the windower and no other third-party programs, and I think they were lying, but don't want the trouble for myself. I could always go upstairs and use the other PC anyway if I really needed to.

Although they've been in reruns for what seems like forever now, not being able to watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report because my TV was tied up with my PS2 was somewhat annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment