Wednesday, April 8, 2009

WIN! (Gobbiebag quests)

Well, the Version Update has arrived! So far, it's kind of disappointing. I don't play any of the jobs getting updates really. (I have SMN leveled but never use it for anything.) No word on how Augments actually work yet. Nobody knows how the BCNMs added will work. And as I guessed on BG, the POLutils program people use for .dat viewing was broken, so there's limited information on new weapons/armor.

By far the coolest part is this.
The Gobbiebag Part IX
Client: Bluffnix (Muckvix's Junk Shop, Lower Jeuno)
Summary:
Bluffnix will make your pack even bigger if you bring him the following: an orichalcum ingot, a square of peiste leather, a square of oil-soaked cloth, and an oxblood orb.

The Gobbiebag Part X
Client: Bluffnix (Muckvix's Junk Shop, Lower Jeuno)
Summary:
Bluffnix will make your pack even bigger if you bring him the following: a molybdenum ingot, a square of griffon leather, a square of foulard, and an angel skin orb.
A while back I tried to predict what would be needed for the new gobbiebag expansions. I guessed almost entirely wrong, but I did guess right about Peiste Leather!

I have ~7 of the Peiste Skins on my mule, so I should be able to sell those for a nice profit.
The droprate on them from VTs is pretty bad without any Treasure Hunter. I'm not sure how it is with TH. I haven't ever messed with the weaker DC-T ones, so I'm not sure if it is a lot lower on them or not.

Gobbiebag items (I linked to FFXIAH.com itemlists above) currently go for quite a lot of gil. Almost 400k. I can only imagine what they're going to skyrocket to now. There's most likely a quest with an Orichalcum Ingot as a reward though. If Foulard isn't a quest reward too those will be ludicrously expensive and Arachne will be hilariously overcamped.

UPDATE: It turns out that the two orbs are crafted items (probably made with Wind Crystal + Oxblood/Angel Skin), making the new Gobbiebag uprades cost well over 1 million gil.

Which is sort of lame. But I've been wanting to get some ~3mil items (Acc+7 rings) for a while now, so I may as well cash in while there's a ridiculous amount of gil to be made. I'm just soooooooooo curious as to how much the Peiste Skins will sell for. 100k? 300k? It could be a lot of gil.

2 comments:

  1. idk if should jump on the bandwagon and buy these items for the ridiculous amount of gil, or try to obtain some and sell high, and buy low later. i suppose i can wait for an extra 10 spaces down the road. pass me a peist skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, 5 hour download, yippeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete