Wednesday, May 27, 2009

RL & FFXI /sigh

A minor and deliberately vague RL update. I mostly stick to FFXI and miscelaneous gaming here, so it won't be specific or long.

Things have been mundane and a little depressing for a while now. There's finally some exciting and promising stuff though for the first time in quite a while. I'm hoping I can make that stuff work out.

FFXI

FFXI has been pretty boring. Random LS events Dynamis, Limbus (...yay.), SCNMs, etc. about half of which seem to get cancelled.

I haven't felt like grinding out a bunch more merits or another job lately.

I lost a Campaign rank and don't feel like getting it back. It's not like they actually do anything of value.

Getting Smithing from 50->60 is going to take quite a while. Getting Goldsmithing from 47->60 looks really expensive and I'd kind of rather save my gil for another Acc+7 ring or Salvage piece upgrade materials.

Salvage is cancelled the next two weeks apparently, but only two people have even said they're willing to actually do Assault with me anyway, so that doesn't matter much.

/sigh

2 comments:

  1. I know it's not much consolation but it seems this way for quite a few people at the moment. I think it has a lot to do with the season changing and peeps lower availability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES I totally agree with you there. The transition from spring to summer means a huge schedule shift for me and a lot less FFXI time. People don't seem to understand that RL does come before FFXI, and summer is prime time for adventures! /sigh

    In any case, I too have noticed a drop in interest to do things in FFXI. There just aren't enough people in the world anymore. FFXI HAS BEEN AROUND FOREVER and a lot of people are maxed out and are getting bored. I still love it to death but if you consider how long this game has been going... I am surprised it is still alive! I mean, when is the last time you saw FFXI being advertised? :(

    I am hoping SE will unveil something about their new MMORPG next week during E3... keeping my fingers crossed! I'm looking forward to something new to waste my life on!!!

    ReplyDelete