Saturday, June 13, 2009

Have you ever seen an armored car spinning at 70 MPH?

As the title of this post would suggest today was not the most awesomely fun day to go down to the homebrewing store on I-95. I ended up having to very quickly go from the left lane to the shoulder to get past the spinning Brinks truck and it's huge plume of blue tire smoke.

Only a minute earlier I had thought "This is fucked." as I navigated my way through the mess of 18 wheelers and people tailgating them to get all the way over to the left lane. Then the next minute I'm swerving onto the left shoulder with the dude behind me doing the same to drive past the mess of stopped cars and smoldering tire.

I turned on the radio about 15 minutes later and they said there was an accident there. I'm not sure if spinning your vehicle in circles and laying tire at 70MPH counts as an "accident" or if you need to hit something/someone else.

On the otherhand, it was sort of cool seeing something that big do things it really should never do.

The rest of the ride home was thankfully uneventful.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen that but, one day, remind me to tell you about my trip to work in the rain. It was...very eventful.

    ReplyDelete