Monday, July 13, 2009

Holy Bolt Setups

I was poking around FFXIGear.com and came up with this setup for Holy Bolt spam at level 75.

I think it would probably be pretty decent on Proto-Ultima which I've heard despite liking to dish out Light elemental damage himself isn't particularly resistant to it. There's double Light weather in Tenemos all the time, so that's a 25% damage bonus. And Apollo's Staff provides a 15% boost (plus it's 2 MND).

The total MND comes to 121 which is pretty high. The damage formula seems to be:
(Shooter's MND - Target's MND) + ~30
Assuming Proto-Ultima has 80 MND then the damage unresisted would come out to ~102 additional damage each shot. With about 15-20 shots per minute. Which is a lot of hate-free damage.

Of course, there's one or two things with more MND out there, but I don't have them. I don't even have a Scout's Beret, so that's -4 MND right there. No Communion Earrings either, so -4 more. But 113 MND is still pretty decent. I also could have sworn there was a sushi that gives MND+ on it, but it seems not.

I don't know when I'll hit 75 of course or when the next Proto-Ultima is anyway, so it's all theory at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment