Monday, August 24, 2009

Freaky Stuff.

So for the past week or so there's been frequent thunderstorms here and my power has been flicking off for a few seconds or a couple minutes before coming back on. This is particularly irritating because it usually means I have to go unplug my cable modem and router and then plug them back in to get them working again. I also have to re-set three clocks.

But such is life.

What was rather freaky was it happened the other night. I was out very late and walked home *ahem* a little bit...out of it. I was the only person home, besides the cat, so the house had been locked all day. I unlocked the door, go inside, and flip the light on so I can see. I turned around pushed the door shut, turn the lock, and literally that instant all the lights go out!

/gasp

Having just put the lights on I couldn't see shit for a few moments. Which between the odd timing and being somewhat out of it anyway was pretty shocking.

Nothing happened, of course.

I got out a flashlight and started to get ready for bed and the lights came back on. In time for me to turn them all off again...

/sigh

Anyone else have anything weird like that happen to them?

1 comment:

  1. Clearly you pissed off Mother Nature that evening. Did you pee on a tree while walking home? wait... watering plants wouldn't upset her.... Did you NOT pee on a tree, and instead use someone's front porch or something? lol

    ReplyDelete