Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Wishlist!

I said last post that I was probably going to make another "wishlist" of sorts. Mostly of ZNM stuff, but other stuff too.

So, without further ado, a job-by-job breakdown!

Black Mage
Yigit Feet
[Feet] All Races
DEF:11 INT+3 MND+3 Evasion+5 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+2 Set: Adds "Refresh" effect
LV 72 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU SCH
There's really not much else I'd like for Black Mage that's worth the effort of getting.

Now to drag some people do Halvung staging point Assaults...

Monk/Ninja/Puppetmaster

Square Enix put them all together on Usukane armor, so I'm putting them all together on my wishlist.
Enkidu's Harness
[Body] All Races
DEF:50 STR+5 AGI+5 Accuracy+10 Attack+10 Evasion+5 "Subtle Blow"+5
LV 72 MNK THF RNG SAM NIN BLU COR PUP DNC

Enkidu's Leggings
[Feet] All Races
DEF:23 DEX+3 AGI+3 Attack+4 Ranged Attack+4 "Subtle Blow"+2 Haste+2%
LV 72 MNK THF RNG SAM NIN BLU COR PUP DNC
I'll have to post in a "What's Better?" thread on BG or KI or somewhere to find out for sure, but these can both replace some non-Rare/Ex stuff for me as a nearly as good or better on Ninja and Monk and definitely better on Puppetmaster.

The Harness...

The Harness is not as good as a Hauby for Blade: Jin because it doesn't have the DEX+5. It does provide Evasion+37 over a Hauby though, so I'd consider selling the Hauby anyway and wearing it fulltime on things where my Accuracy isn't capped as Ninja (instead of Chainmail TP -> Hauby WS).

Would STR+5, but a loss of Attack+7-8 make it better than Shura Togi (or Kirin's Osode) make it better on Monk? I really have no idea, probably not, but it's something I'll post in a "What's Better?" thread.

It's definitely better than the PUP relic body for Stringing Pummel and/or Howling Fist, so if I'm meleeing as PUP with Soulsoother out I'd go with it over the Relic body.

Can I sell off my Scorpion Harness if I get an Enkidu's Harness? All I use it for now is an Evasion build on NIN and MNK. The Evasion+5 combined with AGI+5 makes it close enough I think I would. Subtle Blow+5 never hurts for soloing things and the offensive stats make it less a drop in damage while trying to dodge more attacks.

The Leggings...

They'd be replacing Dune Boots and Fuma Sune-ate for Monk and Ninja (I don't use the Dunes on NIN, obviously). Haste feet are better for Monk if you have any other Haste buffs at all pretty much. I also will generally use Fumas on Monk for MNK/DNC in Campaign.

So, is losing Haste+1% worth gaining Attack+4, Accuracy+1-2, DEX+3, Subtle Blow+2? Again, I have no idea.

I think I wouldn't be able to sell off the Fumas just because they're slightly better for NIN/DRK to the limited extent that I go to any events as NIN/DRK to tank. So, my Fumas would probably end up muled with my Harmonia's Torque, Eris' Earrings, etc.

Ranger

Other than getting a Vali's Bow somehow, most of my future Ranger upgrades are from the Auction House.
Triumph Earrings
STR+2

Behemoth Rings +1
Accuracy-11
Ranged Accuracy+12
That's mostly it, really. (The stats on the rings is from memory and may be wrong.) As far as Rare/Ex goes...
Enkidu's Subligar
[Legs] All Races
DEF:40 STR+4 DEX+4 "Store TP"+5 "Subtle Blow"+5
LV 72 MNK THF RNG SAM NIN BLU COR PUP DNC
As strange as it may look, you apparently only need Store TP+10 to get a 6 hit build with Othinus' Bow.

I don't have a Rajas, so I'd either need to wear something like Cobra Unit gear that's junk for Ranger other than the Store TP, or get a big Store TP+ piece that doesn't totally suck and can be use for WS. Enkidu's Subligar, Brutal Earring, and Rose Strap and I've got Store TP+10 as RNG/NIN!

Sure, I will probably level /SAM and you can just wear whatever as /SAM since it comes with Store TP+15, but Rangers I see /SAM seem to be face down pretty often. I can blink tank, so I'd kind of rather rely on skill & luck rather than just luck with Third Eye.

Toreador's Ring...

I still want a second one of those, but I've been pretty lazy with making gil lately, and been pretty busy spending it any time I touch RNG (and to a lesser extent NIN).

TTFN!

And that's it for today! If you have any newfangled, crazy math stuff (or know from reading somebody else's) about the "Which is better?" questions I have please leave a comment. It would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment