Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope all my fellow US Americans enjoy their Turkey Day today/tomorrow! I'm looking forward to a day of tolerating my relatives and a delicious dinner. Hopefully, we'll actually have some leftover turkey this year.

The meal itself is going to be centered around the bird. I brined a turkey Good Eats style. It's soaking in a salty, sugary chicken broth seasoned with all-spice, rosemary, and peppercorn medley.

The stuffing isn't going to actually be stuffed. Well, not in the bird anyway, it's going to be stuffed into red bell peppers. It'll be composed of challah (Jewish bread made with egg in it so it doesn't fall apart) bread, roasted red onion, celery, and green bell pepper. Some parsley, garlic, sage, and thyme will round out the spice section in it. Stovetop can get fucked next to this stuff's level of awesomeness. The stuff will go into halved, stemmed, and seeded red bell peppers which will go into the oven. They'll probably end up cut in two for serving.

I don't know if there's going to be any cranberry. I don't personally care for the shit and who really wants to eat gelatinized fruit from a can anyway?

There will be some mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes. I don't know if you're supposed to use an 'e' on the end or not and fuck anyone who cares.

Sweet potatoes will also make it into the desert with a sweet potato pie. The crust is typical pie crust, the filling is pumpkin pie spice flavored sweet potato, and the crust on top is an almond brown sugar crispy...thing. I bet it'll taste pretty good. There's also going to be several lemon sponge pies which are a family tradition recipe. Those will be lemony and rad.

And that about covers my Thanksgiving. I hope everyone else will have a nice one or have a nice regular Thursday if it's just another day where you live. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. Next time you should invite me over, lol.

    ReplyDelete