Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stuff I'd like to buy

Since life is nothing without disappointment, I'll go out on a limb and assume that I get hired after a job interview on Monday. The money isn't great, but it beats the hell out of having no money.

My crap is old and dilapidated:So, I've been thinking about crap to buy before I start saving money for more long term things:

1.) Nintendo DS

I may very well be able to play a handheld (or toy around with a cellphone or whatever) for much of the work day. So it only makes sense to start spending money to make making more money more enjoyable.

There's a buttload (technical term) of RPGs on the DS I'd like to play.

And Yoshi's Island.

Yoshi's Island fucking rocks!

1.a.) A new MegaTen game!

I finished Persona 3 and now I have no soulcrushingly difficult JRPGs to play. I'm thinking Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2. They look interesting and the only other thing Atlus has on PS2 is the Devil Summoner series games that have Colon Cancer.

2.) New computer stuff!

I'm definitely upgrading from my 8 year old setup. A Core i5 looks like it would serve me well. But I'm kind of tempted to go to an intermediary Core 2 Duo chip with a motherboard with HDMI output first. Why? Because I'd really like to get a Home Theatre PC thing going which brings me to the next item.

3.) A TV!

My current one I need to beat on to make it stop being staticy and shitty and work properly. Something in the range of 32" that looks nice would be a tremendous improvement.

And since I'd have a PC around that can output to HDMI I could enjoy some big screen PC gaming. As well as watch Bluray movies on it or whatever.

4.) This will take a while...

After that stuff's out of the way, it's time to save up quite a bit of money and get a decent place. Assuming I get hired, I'm figuring it'll take about a month and a half to get to this point. Which isn't bad at all.

I can only imagine how happy I'd be if I had found a well paying job. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment