Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The difference a cable makes...

If you're playing on PS2, it's pretty amazing how huge an improvement in visual quality you get by hooking the PS2 up to a TV using Component Cables over the RCA/Composite ones. FFXI does 16:9 (except the title screen for some reason), but doesn't support running in 480p mode.

I popped in Star Ocean: Til the End of Time which does and got it running in 480p mode. It's quite pretty looking. If I could figure out how the hell to save I'd turn it off though because I don't really feel like playing it. I hate all the characters and I'm only ~30 minutes into it. Seriously, I want to kill everyone who talks in this game with fire.

I also got an HD box in from Comcast and that's supposed to be activated now after 30 minutes on the phone with them in about 45 minutes when it finishes doing whatever its doing. Perhaps coincidentally, I kind of want to kill Comcast with fire.

I also picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. King Abbadon. It has to be the longest title of any game, EVAR. Known in certain keeps as "Colon Cancer." The Giantbomb.com guys did a Quick Look of it during the Persona 4 Endurance Run and it looked pretty damned strange, but interesting. I'll probably end up liking it and then need to try and find a copy of the first one. As I understand it in SMT: DS2: RKVSKA you can kill Jack Frost with fire. Which sounds like fun.

1 comment:

  1. You've been playing FFXI this whole time using composite!? O.o dear god man WTF!?

    ReplyDelete