Monday, December 14, 2009

i r teh reTurN3d!!!!111

Sorry for the title. :-P

What I've Been Up To...

I haven't really been on FFXI much in the past week or so. I updated FFXI on my PC when the update came out and on my (shitty) PS2 today. I'll need to go and see what all this newfangled Synergy stuff is about.

I haven't been on mostly because I'm a bit bored with the game. Also, partly because I've been playing Digital Devil Saga. But I finished that last night (in about 40 hours) so the "bored" thing is more to do with it than the "playing other games" thing. (Fun game, worth checking out if you haven't yet.)

LS Woes

It hasn't helped much that my LS isn't doing any events currently and hasn't for the past two or three months. I think we're supposed to be starting up events again after New Year's, but I'm pretty sure we were also supposed to start back up again in November and December too. Looks pretty bleak...

I could really use a Social LS or something for the time being. Maybe do some Nyzul Isle runs to see about getting more than Denali Feet and some new WS from there. The RNG WS would be situationally useful particularly since I mostly go the Holy Bolt spam route. Or try to rank up a bit in regular Assault.

Ebisu Update!

Since I haven't been on I obviously haven't made any progress towards Ebisu or gotten any Fishing GP. I logged on for a bit earlier and got .2 skill in about 25 minutes which isn't bad. I'll need to see about doing today's GP fishing later.

Synergy Stuff

I have read about this subject a bit on the Evil Wiki. It sounds simple enough in a convoluted not simple way. Apparently, to get to level 50 you either need to have Veteran Cooking (like me, yay!), Veteran Smithing, and Artisan Woodworking team or no skills and a buttload of Mythril Leaves.

You can also apparently deliberately fail to keep reusing your items over and over again. I'm not sure if Square-Enix intended this or not though. In regular Synthesis you can fail and lose items, but it's purely random once you're over the cap on an item, and your Synthesis attempt can't be punished with DEATH. In Synergy you can't lose your items, but you might die.

With how people completely and totally lose their shit over dying in FFXI I guess that can be viewed as a fair trade-off. To them anyway. When you've died hundreds of times like I have you kind of just get annoyed that you may have to do some walking and/or stand around for five minutes doing nothing.

What's Next...

I flagged the Synergy quest now, bought some Little Worms to get my GP fish in Oldton Movalpolos, bought some Pickaxes, and am going to head through North Gustaberg laying waste to every level 0 Worm mob in my path to get a Flint Stone for the quest.

After I go for a walk around the park for an hour.

I'd run most of the trail, but I seem to have fucked up my right hip about a week ago and running puts it at about an 8.5/10 on the pain scale. It'll be better in another week I think.

See ya then!

1 comment:

  1. I have 6 social shells now that I've been bouncing back and forth in to keep me semi-entertained while I'm in game.

    I'm bored as hell too without the shell, and from the looks of it, I'm not sure if we're even going to have a shell to go back to. I see other ls mates doing events in different shells, so I don't know what's going on.

    I'm up for some Nyzul Isle whenever. I'm still after the rest of the Askar set. >.>

    ReplyDelete