Tuesday, March 9, 2010

World Merge Details. Also, World Merge = Character Data Lost?

Square-Enix announced that they were doing server consolidation at Vanafest 2010. This much anyone who's remotely interested in FFXI knows. They updated us again today (finally) with a notice we can't server transfer or something until they do the world merge. But still can't be assed to tell us WHEN THE HELL IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

A mid-March update supposedly... We're 1/4 the way through March. By my mathological calculations that means we're mid-March in about 7 days. I was kind of hoping for more than "We're still planning World Merge+Update at some time in the future."

Also, deeply cynical though I may be I'm going to go out on a limb and bet lots of people on "Source Worlds" lose all recent progress they've made on their characters upon logging in for the first time on the "Destination Worlds."

1 comment:

  1. >.>

    I would be pissed if that happens, but right now I'm playing FFXIII and I guess I really don't care.

    Although I can't say I'd be particularly joyful about redoing campaign to get my back...again.

    ReplyDelete