Sunday, May 9, 2010

Moar SCNMs!

We did some more SCNMs again tonight! Nobody else was in the zone, so we hit all eight (?) NMs. Which means if we do The Buried God BCNM again and get a Barbut/hat thingy all our 75 RNGs will have one! :-D

Unfortunately, I think a bunch of people still want the Stoneskin +30 Gloves, so we may be there a while longer. They are very nice gloves though, so I can understand wanting a pair if you can make use of them. I cap out my Stoneskin on SCH and it's saved my ass on quite a few occasions.

I went as Ninja/Warrior again to help tank. I've gone NIN at least twice now, and I'm still getting used to it again. I switched up my Provoke macro to use (in less than & greater than brackets) '/ja "Provoke" [stnpc]' so I could pick my target over [t]. It's an extra 'X' button press, but there's going to be a much more durable Paladin there and/or a second Ninja, so being able to Provoke adds easily is quite handy.

Yonin is pretty awesome. I'm not even talking about the "I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't like blowing gil in Ninja Tools" or "Cerberus has COMPLETELY FUCKING RETARDEDLY EXPENSIVE AND SCARCE NINJA TOOLS on the AH" thing either. The big, free Enmity+ boost from it is just awesome. I can mostly keep hate off of a RNG and SAM (who are holding back, obviously) and the mob never goes after the healers. Who in turn don't hold back from Cure-bombing me when I need it.

Which I did need more than I'd like. Mostly due to having forgotten a few pieces of gear...like my Terra's Staff. I've also got stuff like my Nozi...something Shuriken with Enmity+2, Enmity Earrings, and that Torque w/ Enmity+ muled because I hadn't used them in forever. With the small group SCNM stuff I've been up to though I'll ship them back to my main.

Now for some pictures!
Here you can see what happens when Imps scratch the shit out of my face and spam -ga2s on my sorry ass.

Note to self: Evasion tanking works poorly on Observant Zekka.
Here you can see me re-deadified by a -ga2 or -ga3 that I obviously wasn't far enough out of range from at the same fight.

Why is it so much more fun to -ga things than be -ga'ed? The world may never know.
I die a lot. LOL. I forget why I took this pic, but I was subjected to another round of turtle rape party at my face's house.Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody dies at all. Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and the Doctor comes to call, everybody lives. (My plagiarism reminds me I need to go pirate the latest episodes, hehe.)

I didn't die! Yeah, you could point out that I didn't die for most of the NMs, but I forgot to take pictures of them. So, corpsey it is!

Now I'm going to go play God of War II. It's remarkable that Kratos is such a thoroughly unsympathetic and unrelateable character. It's actually pretty funny. Most game studios wouldn't consider such a thing, but being a gigantic douchebag and murdering mythological figures/creatures in a hilariously gratuitous manner is actually pretty fun. Hammering 'O' to shove your dagger thingies down minotaur's gaping maws can get a little tiring though.

Anyway, TTFN! May everyone who wins Rank 1 Mog Bonanza take the gil and transfer to Cerberus and give me a bunch, please! ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment