Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Job Abilities, New Job Traits, and New Spells, Oh My!

This is one of those things where I wonder if I could put "new" in front to modify all three nouns or need to apply it to each? English, ambiguous, etc. Anyway...

 
Square-Enix announced some Job Adjustment/Level Cap Increase details today. So, let's take a look at them:

The Warrior one seems to tie in with new Job Trait. The Monk one could be pretty nice.

 
Now, for the new Job Traits:

  • Some damage boosting ones for DDs.
  • Some defensive ones for tanks/pullers.
  • Some strange TP bonus one on Parrying/Guard which are fucking worthless unless Square-Enix makes Parrying/Guard skill up at a reasonable rate.
OK, but nothing too amazing here, really. I'm still hoping Scholar gets Raise III, Reraise III, Regen III, etc. Maybe at a later date?

Now for the new spells:

Pretty underwhelming, but kind of expected.

I wasn't expecting Thunder V this update, so I'm not let down in that regard. Water V might be OK for Wyrm/Tiamat or something?

The BRD songs are meh.

Aisha: Ichi is probably the spell that looks to be combined Sneak+Invis. Wikipedia tells me it's the name of Muhummed's most awesome wife. Or something. I have no idea how that's supposed to be related.

The "more jobs able to learn existing spells" seems pretty pointless other than PLD getting Phalanx (possibly). Maybe PLDs would go with /BLM or /DRK now? My PLD is level 1, so I'm not sure what the full implications will be.

That's it?

So that's the Job Adjustments announcement. I'm not sure how, but Square-Enix is managing to make me less excited about the June Update the more I hear about it. Maybe it's just I was thinking more of 75->99 which will be end up being a lot more than 75->80?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Flash is a Divine-based spell, so Divine Emblem is a job ability that basically enhances the potency/enmity of Flash.

    I pined in my earlier days how the weak the potency of Flash was, especially when compared to Stun (the DRK equivalent). These days though, it's pretty irrelevant.

    And DNCs getting native Dual Wield just made /SAM the new de-facto SJ for DNC. These are good updates for DNC. Finally.

    ReplyDelete