Tuesday, March 15, 2011

@1!

So as anyone reading this knows they're doing their best "OH FUCK IT'S THE APOCALYPSE!!!!" impressions over in Japan with nuclear reactors blowing up, the sea swallowing entire towns, and generally making the rest of the world happy to not be in Japan. Etc. Etc.

Give the Red Cross or whoever else that's doing distaster relief some money if you can.

@1!

With that out of the way, I wanted to post a few pics of what I was up to before the servers were, quite understandably, shutdown so slightly more important things can have electricity. Then, I realized that it was mostly just Seals NMs in Abyssea, so that wouldn't be terribly interesting. So, it was basically just these two events.

I joined a Whetwetrice (however it's spelled) run and we popped and killed it a bunch of times.
Most of us ended up Petrified, the NIN and THF both died, and I was next in the pecking order. Get it?!?
With a little kiting around a rock until Amnesia wore off, Mana Wall, and Manafont I mananged to kill it though. I was quite pleased with myself. As /BRD37, no less. I was quite pleased with myself for saving our 1k gil farmed up pop item. (I don't remember if it was this run or the other one where only 2/4 of us splurged for the Mangled Cock Skin pop item.) Get it?!? I'm on fire with puns today!


After that, there's Shinryu. I went as MNK/NIN. I've tanked it a few times now, so I've tweaked my gear a little.
The melee hits take 2-3 shadows, so there's no way to keep shadows up all the time. And nothing it does can be Countered, so Counterstance is worthless. Here's the current set. The H2H is Added Effect: Evasion Down and the Dark Ring has PDT-5%. It's far from perfect, but serviceable and reduces the per hit melee damage from pretty high to much more manageable. For Atmas, I go with Razed Ruins/Sanguine Scythe/Impregnable Tower. It's for keeping hate via damage and getting my HP up nearly as high as possible.  Being able to survive two high damage moves back to back makes things go much more smoothly.

So, we did the usual proc Blue (it was Staff; I think Shell Crusher?) and then hope the guy who's going to Brew doesn't do it wrong. He knew what he was doing, and sure enough:
We won and got a bunch of drops I already have/can't use. I think that's my first non-pure Brew-killl win? I learned the timing anyway for when you can proc in any case. It's basically the same as Iron Giants in that second pause between actions.

Shinryu's a fun fight regardless of whether I get new shinies, so I can't complain.

@1!, This time with feeling!

So the meaning behind the title of this post, was that I'm @1 drop for a whole bunch of Empyrean armors. SMN Feet +2 (my first +2 piece; assuming I finish it), PUP Head +1, SCH Head +1, SMN Legs +1, and I think another piece as well. So whenever the servers come back up I'll have stuff to do.

I'm kind of curious as to whether we'll get Traverse Stones for the time they were down? I've got >300, so I don't need them, but people who've been living in Abyssea are always complaining about being low.

TTFN!

So that's the highlights of what I've been up to in FFXI. Exciting, I know.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to point out that I pointed out my own terrible puns in black text against the blog's black background. Thus using the transformative magic of Explaining the Joke to make the unfunny automagically funny.

    Fuck! I'm bored today. It's all rainy and shit outside and like ~40F.

    ReplyDelete